The Lake County Chamber of Commerce provides member companies with a variety of opportunities to promote their business and make the social and business contacts necessary to succeed in business today. The Lake County Chamber of Commerce, a non-profit organization, is seeking a 10-20 hr/wk unpaid Office Assistant Intern. Please visit www.lakecountychamber.com for more information about our organization.
We are looking for a personable, self-motivated and well-organized individual to provide administrative and facilities services. The job would involve supporting the staff in all phases of operation including general administrative tasks, event planning, communications, accounting and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering the phone and e-mails
- Assist in the assembly and mailing of member packets
- Office organization
- Assist with event planning
- Assist with chamber communications, electronic and print
- Copying, faxing, scanning documents, etc.
- Assist with A/R and A/P functions
- Conduct internet research
- Provide support to staff as needed
- Additional duties based on skill set
This position provides a student with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in non-profit operations, with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the applicant?s skills. This is a great networking opportunity with local Lake County businesses!
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Organizational skills
- Competent user of MS Office applications
- Experience with accounting and social media marketing a plus
Application Process: Send resume and cover letter to Lake County Chamber of Commerce, at email@example.com with Internship Position in subject line.