Starting a Business
Guide to Business Ethics
We would like to give special thanks to Laiken, a 6th grade student who reached out to us with her mentor. While working on a research project she found the Lake County Chamber of Commerce as a valuable research tool and gave us great feedback on how helpful we were for the project. This fulfilled our hearts knowing that we are making a great impact even to young people. Thank you Laiken, you are inspirational to us. We are looking forward to seeing how your project turned out. Thumbs up to you and all our best wishes to your bright future!!
Starting a Business
Illinois Small Business Development & International Trade Center
Offering one-on-one consulting targeted to small businesses and entrepreneurs, we are dedicated to providing you the best advice and resources. Our business services include:
- FREE, confidential, one-on-one business advising and coaching with noted experts
- Assistance in developing business plans and financial statements
- Aid in forming strategic marketing plans
- Support in securing loans with local lenders and service providers
- Spanish-speaking advisors and workshops available
- International business planning
- Analysis of Export Administration Regulations
- Access to network of trade resources
- Assistance in foreign market entry
- Interactive, low-cost workshops
College of Lake County
19351 West Washington Street
Grayslake, IL 60030-1198
Job Center of Lake County
The Job Center provides these valuable services to you:
- Recruiting & Personnel - find the best available workers for your specific needs
- Training & Education - increase employee productivity
- Financial Services - help your business grow
- Business Services - improve the efficiency of your operation
1 North Genesee Street, Waukegan, IL 60085
800 Lancer Lane, Grayslake, IL 60030
Planning, Building, and Development
500 W. Winchester Road, Unit 101
Libertyville, IL 60048
Enforcement of county building codes and zoning ordinances in unincorporated Lake County through plan review, permitting, and inspection of all construction activity.
Commercial Building Permit Requirements
Lake County Partners
Lake County Partners, a 501(c)3 economic development corporation, works to maintain economic vitality and quality of life in Lake County, Illinois.
Lake County is located in northeastern Illinois, with Lake Michigan to the east, Wisconsin to the north and the City of Chicago to the south.
Starting a Business: The Idea Phase
How to Start a Retail Business; A Step-by-Step Guide
Sales Tax 101 for Small Business Owners and Online Retailers
Ultimate Guide to the Retail Industry
4 Tips for Getting Large Retailers to Stock Your Products for Entrepreneurs.
Monthly and Annual Retail Trade statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau.